What's new

NVIDIA® Quadro® P600 Card

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Is there any benefit or downside to using the subject video card with Alibre, either now or in any near-term upgrades?

I'm considering a new desktop PC and this card is the only option aside from a built-in Intel option.

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I just built a new PC and a 2GB Vid Card seems to be on the small side. If you go on the Alibre website, it even states:

Video Cards
Most modern cards made in the last 3-4 years should support DirectX 11. If your card does not support DirectX 11, you can use a compatibility mode but some features will not be available to you. It is strongly recommended to use a graphics card that supports DirectX 11.

4K Displays
If you use a 4K display (typically 3840x2160 or similar), 4 GB of Video RAM (VRAM) on your video card will likely be required, based on your designs. 6 GB of VRAM is recommended for 4K displays. If you do not have enough VRAM, you may experience sluggish visual performance during screen updates, for example during model rotation.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Good point on the RAM - I hadn't been thinking of 4k video. Seems kind of of that none of the Z2 Mini video card options can support that format.