What's new

Open a new part

dwc

Alibre Super User
Note sure what the advantage would be of having tabs.
It seems to me that with windows you can do all that is possible with tabs and more.
Just to be like other programs is not an advantage IMHO

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Is there a way that when I open a new part that it will open as a tab rather than a new window? It bugs me that I have to switch between windows rather than tabs like more programs these days
Any addition of "Tabs" would need to implement a full docking window/tab system as us with multiple monitors much prefer separate windows that you can move to another monitor. Doing anything with fixed tabs is a productive nightmare!

I'm sure at this moment in time, Alibre have many, many, many other things to focus dev time on and I for one would prefer to see productivity tools added rather than yet more and more UI churn!

The advantage of having multiple windows is that one can have multiple drawing open in parallel. A big monitor helps.
Unfortunately this concept is not followed far. Eg the parameter window wants to be closed to work.

nopick

I use Groupy 2 but get some odd behavior with Alibre. I will give Tidy Tabs a shot. I didn't know it existed.
I am able to use Tidy Tabs with Alibre. No crashing and windows vanishing from the screen like I had with Groupy!

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Any addition of "Tabs" would need to implement a full docking window/tab system as us with multiple monitors much prefer separate windows that you can move to another monitor. Doing anything with fixed tabs is a productive nightmare!

I'm sure at this moment in time, Alibre have many, many, many other things to focus dev time on and I for one would prefer to see productivity tools added rather than yet more and more UI churn!
This is the way. We will not be spending time on this any time soon.