What's new

Panning in Sketch Mode

jemmej

Panning in Sketch Mode

Is there a limit to how far you can pan in Sketch mode? I am often trying to pan around the edges of a sketch and it won't move (I get the bumpy ride like it pans to the edge and then snaps back....). Am I missing something basic here? (Note, this is not just a matter of "seeing" my geometry on screen, its when I try and zoom in for edits such as trims that it won't pan enough when zoomed to see all of the profile).

Thanks to all who help! If this is addressed in another thread or one of the help files that I might have missed, let me know.

Jim

fitzbond

I believe if you go to the options pull down and on the general tab unselect the "keep model in view" it should fix the problem.

jemmej

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............thank you very much. That's been bugging me for quite some time. I thought I'd scoured the options menus pretty well, but missed that one. Again, much thanks!

Jim

rbrian

Re: Panning in Sketch Mode

fitzbond said:
I believe if you go to the options pull down and on the general tab unselect the "keep model in view" it should fix the problem.
James - You're so on top of it! That's a great tip! I just have one question - when I zoom in so far - closer and closer - suddenly - it looses the focus point - the center of the zoom to window selection! - Any thoughts on that one? Robert

rbrian

New Patch...

Hi James,
Haven't done the v8.0 or SP1 yet! Might do it soon!
Back at Bombardier / Dehavilland this past week!
Robert