What's new

Part size changes in KS6

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I created a model of a folk art car in GD based on a piece that I inherited. The wheel(dot)AD_prt is made by revolving .125" diameter circle with a revolve radius of 1.00" and an angle of 359 degrees. That is to duplicate the actual part which is made of a piece of .125 diameter wire formed into a circle. The assembly has four instances of the wheel.

When I select the wheels in the KS Scene tree, and read their respective sizes, two of the wheels are 2.1244, 2.1249, 0.125, while the other two are 2.9590, 2.9591, 0.125. :shock: The model did read in the correct inch units in KS. So somehow the scale of two of the wheels is getting changed on their way from GD to KS. I suspect it is the bip file creator that 3DSystems created but have no way of nailing that down.

I wonder if someone could recreate the wheel on your system and do a size comparison on it in Keyshot to see if I am the only one having this issue. Better yet check some of your models to see if there is a change in scale from the GD part to the same item in KS.

I am using KS6 Pro but if the problem is with the 3DSystems add-on then it may show up in either HD or Pro, and maybe even prior versions.

Thanks