What's new

Photorender (Industrial Pack) Lighting : Usage Tip and ?

fjdixon

Photorender (Industrial Pack) Lighting : Usage Tip and ?

I'm interested in using PhotoRender Industrial Pack's (PRIP) advanced lighting features. Using the "Studio in Real World" option, I found that placement of lights is in centimeters regardless of model declared as inches. That got my light sources in the right places BUT I then discovered that with 'shadows on' my light does not pass thru transparent opjects. I've tried using transparency map in materials but no joy.

Does anyone have knowledge of the issue of user defined light sources and transparency ? If you want to try out : add new light, projector, set tools, editors, advanced, then set location and direction of projector light (set Studio in Real World on light editor and then enter in cm). Have projector shine on non-reflective surface (not mirrored) and then place flat object between light source and screen. With 'shadows' off the light is not effected by properties of object (red glass, green, etc), with shadows on then no projected image.

Perhaps this is more than this edition is expected to perform but when lighting intensity is capable of being specified in Lumens, object properties for transparent items includes refraction index, then either I'm doing something wrong or ...