What's new

Photorender Logo

Bob_Utter

Photorender Logo

I would like to place a nice multi-colored logo on the surface of a model. I can create the logo in a variety of graphic's formats, but how do I get it on a model surface?
Is there anyway (workaround) to do this in Alibre?
Is there anyway (workaround) to do this in Alibre Photorender?
I have Photorender, but not the industrial pack. Can it be done with the industrial pack?

If it can't be done with Alibre/Photorender, what other application should I consider?

Thanks,
Bob

Cameraman

Hi Bob,

Inventor calls such a thing a "Label", I believe . . . but before that, we had to create the label as an extruded entity -- you could make it very thin, but not flat like a real label. It's a pain, but not outrageously difficult for flat surfaces.

The AD help screen says that Labels are available for parts, but I do not know if it is the same thing, or whether it works the same way as Inventor did.

Regards,
Greg :D

Bob_Utter

I understand extruding entities and placing them on surfaces. I think the key part of my questions is "multi colored" logo. In other words, I want to take something I have "photo shopped" and add it onto a model. It seems like that is what photo render should do, but I haven't figure out how yet.

rbrian

Not a Logo - But more like a Plaque!

Hi - here is one idea on this thread - totaly different - but still interesting.
Just done direct in AD - not with photorender yet.

Logo_Shaded-Isometric-1.jpg

Logo_Shaded-1.jpg

Just a thought! - Each leter and symbol as well as the plate is a different file - taken into assembly (all originating from the same sketch) and put together there. Robert

warburton1

:idea: As a suggestion in a similar vain to Roberts idea and possibly expanding on it, would be to create the extrusion elements as catalog items that could be placed into any file and used repeatedly.

Gary W

photorender logo

Bob,

personally I am not very much impressed by the Alibre Photorender because it is not very realistic and it is very complex to place, as in your question, a logo or a picture. I must say that I don't have the Industrial package, so I don't know if that is much different. After some time working with Photorender I decided to go back to my original rendersoftware, which is called ArtLantis (http://www.abvent.com). With this it is extremely easy to place textures, lightings and pictures and the big advantage is that it is all be done in the preview-window. So when you place a picture or a lighting, you can see it happen dynamically. It's really worth trying the demo for 30 days.

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Re: photorender logo

W. Wagelaar said:
Bob,

personally I am not very much impressed by the Alibre Photorender because it is not very realistic and it is very complex to place, as in your question, a logo or a picture. I must say that I don't have the Industrial package, so I don't know if that is much different. After some time working with Photorender I decided to go back to my original rendersoftware, which is called ArtLantis (http://www.abvent.com). With this it is extremely easy to place textures, lightings and pictures and the big advantage is that it is all be done in the preview-window. So when you place a picture or a lighting, you can see it happen dynamically. It's really worth trying the demo for 30 days.

You should get deeper into Photorender. Photorender uses the same Render Engine (Lightworks, nr 1 in the industry) as many of the top renderers out there. All changes on the model is reflected real time in Photorender, and all changes in the environment as well (lighting etc).

The industrial version is worth the pennies if you want even more realistic results. I'm not to aware of Artlantis, but none of the pictures in their gallerie is better than it would be in Photorender. It also seems pretty focused on Architectual Design, right?

As mentioned before, it's harder to place logos and decals in Photorender, but if you can live with that, why use an external renderer?

photorender

Mibe,

first of all, the reason that we use an external render is because we bought Artlantis before we decided to buy Alibre. One of the reasons why I bought this rendersoftware was mainly an economical one. The very simple interface and the extreem short learning curve was, compared to other programs an issue.

I use Alibre Prof. for development of new products as well for producing technical drawings of the aperture we manufacture. While we have all the files in 3D we can easily use these for product presentation. Because I don't want to spend more time on the software than on the product presentation, Artlantis is my favorite. I believe you when you say that what can be made in Artlantis also can be made in Photorender, but in the end is time to produce at least as important as the quality of the images. And yes, Artlantis is very much focussed on, but not restricted to Architectural Design.