What's new

pic editor

dlaery

Alibre Super User
in Alibre when bringing in a pic it has a calibrate function, I wish I could print the part with the pic but since I can't is there a pic editor that would calibrate like Alibre and then print it on paper?
I have an old program i have used for years Paint Shop Pro that will resize but it does not do the calibrate, so I was wondering if anyone know of a program. most of the things I have to draw i only have a pic to go by.

Ken226

Having the sketch tracing image tools available in the drawing environment would fill this need, would it not?

dlaery

Alibre Super User
when i print from Part window, it is not to scale, when I try to do this in drawing, I can't rotate the pic the pic and there is no calibrate button, sure I can change the scale but it is tedious to get the right scale. If he same features in Trace Image was in the Drawing, that would be ideal, but is's not. Mabye I am asking for something I don't need, I use the Trace Image a lot
Having the sketch tracing image tools available in the drawing environment would fill this need, would it not?
Yes.

Ken226

Mabye I am asking for something I don't need, I use the Trace Image a lot

I think having those tools in the drawing environment is a feature worth asking for.

When I create custom symbols to use as logo engravings, I have to do some things in the sketching environment and some in the drawing environment. It would save me alot of time and work if I could do it all in the drawing environment.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
most of the things I have to draw i only have a pic to go by.
If your the one taking the pictures then place a ruler beside the object for a reference.
If you don't have that option then use an object in the image that you know the size of for calibration.

Other than that I would search on a photo site/forum, like Affinity, to see if anyone can help out.

dlaery

Alibre Super User
thanks HaroldL , I do put rulers in and found if I put 2 rulers, 1 in x and 1 in y that they don't always scale the same. so I thought maybe it was my phone holding with my hand was not parallel with the pic, so I 3d printed a stand to hold my phone parallel and I think it helped.