What's new

Practice Drawings for New or Old-hand Alibre Users

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
This came up in the Using Alibre Design forum so I thought I'd post the links here that I did over there for quicker access. I am copying that part of my post that has the links to the PDF drawings:

For modeling "practice" and just to see how other CAD programs, or at least their "tutors", create models I usually watch videos from SolidWorks, Inventor or OnShape on YouTube. One of the Inventor "tutors" gave a link to a Korean web site where he got his drawings from.
If you go to STUDYCADCAM you will find a lot of examples to practice on. Granted the focus is on AutoCAD or Inventor but the drawings serve equally well for Alibre. He also gave a link to a dropbox where a lot of the drawings were down loaded to. I suppose he meant for the Inventor community to use these files but it seems like a good repository for practice drawings.[quote/]

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Another resource for practice modeling are the drawings used for SolidWorks Model Mania.
(edit)

Thought I'd update this info.
If you go here to SolidWorks blogs you can get both phase 1 and 2 drawings and a video solution for all model mania models from 2000 to 2021. The SW solution won't be the same as Alibre's but it will give you an idea of how they are creating the part.

Last edited: