What's new

Preview picture of drawing files?

chiefshoe

Just fired up Ver 25 for the first time and noticed that when looking through my drawing folders to find drawing files, the preview picture of the selected drawing file is represented as a generic ico and not the actual drawing. I have to load the drawing file then close the file and go back to the file explorer in order to see a preview.

Am I missing some configuration feature for viewing previews of drawing files??

chiefshoe

I have tried selecting medium, large and extra large thumbnail size but makes no difference - only see a generic icon. In the area to the right of the files icons I see a message stating no preview available. My drawing files date back for years and I have never seen the issue before.

Of course Microsoft is always updating and screwing with Wind 10 and I loaded Alibre 25 after this last Windows10 update Tuesday.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I have tried selecting medium, large and extra large thumbnail size but makes no difference - only see a generic icon. In the area to the right of the files icons I see a message stating no preview available. My drawing files date back for years and I have never seen the issue before.

Of course Microsoft is always updating and screwing with Wind 10 and I loaded Alibre 25 after this last Windows10 update Tuesday.
Check some of these out ...

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/thumbnail-previews-not-showing/

chiefshoe

To all, thanks for the help - I just did a reinstall (actually) a " repair" as listed in the "Installer" and the icon problem went away and the previews returned. All is well.