What's new

Printers

I assumed that program output would be translated to a neutral format in order for Bill gates Plug and Play within Windows OS to recognize various devises (printers) to execute output. It appears that the 3 Canon printers I have win the argument of Plug and Pray to my dismay.

That being established and my refusal to purchase HP printers that force you to subscribe and pay per page after via the internet, I ask you what printers out there are happy with Alibre?

I refurbished black and white (laser) would be fine. I just wish not to maintain the conundrum I presently am in.
Thanks in advance

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Difficult to answer at the moment - whilst many people are not having print problems, there have been reports of issues with Canon, HP, Brother, and possibly others. It is being investigated. In the meantime either use legacy display, or print to PDF then print from a PDF viewer.

I'm not sure that a printer that works for another user will necessarily work for you! This was shown to be the case during diagnostic work with a user who had reported such an issue. The 'problem printer' worked fine from another PC.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I can print just fine on my Epson Workforce WF-7610. Don't recall ever having an issue printing out of AD with this printer.
I especially like that its drivers are always up to date since it will check for updates of the software, firmware and the software updater.