What's new

Private Tutorials for a fee?

What would you be willing to Pay for Custom - Private Tutorials - just for you?

• As long as the Tutorial cost me less than the program - It would be OK!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As long as the Tutorial cost me less than the annual maintenance - OK!

• If I can Get it for less than $100.00 - I'd go for it!!

• For me - anything over $50.00 is too much!! - Sorry!

• What - you want ME to PAY to figure this thing out?

• Hey - I thought - Help was supposed to be FREE!

• Total voters

rbrian

Private Tutorials for a fee?

Hi there!

This is just one :idea: thought I have - since there are a lot of requests for tutorials - most are general - but some are specific!

Just want to know - - if someone wants a specific tutorial - is there an interest to pay for this - If I created it - and delivered it to the client!?

Also - would anyone mind - if I put some tutorials into a directory - that required entering some information on a form - ie: email address, user name, and tutorials completed (mine / Companies) - before accessing those tutorials? Robert

A

Anonymous

I thought about creating a comprehensive sheetmetal tutorial, but Alibre is so easy to learn that I doubt people would pay for it. I personally wouldn't pay because it is so easy to use. On the other hand there might be users out there that have never used 3D modeling software that might appreciate more info if it was directly tailored to them. Alibre is already offering training sessions online.

rbrian

Custom tutorials - For a shop Training Program

Back to explaining the idea a bit more usefully.

Ideally - everybody on the planet buys a copy of AD themselves, but since that is not yet the case - and many come from free-form modeling environments, ACAD, and pencil drafting backgrounds into a shop where they might be hired, the idea is more like this -

Where there is a company that hires people to do tasks that are repetitive - but sometimes have new users/workers doing them - having a ready visual tutorial is better - if the tutorial is done right - than taking other staff resources to show them or train them the details they need to do on the job.

This could also to apply to a shop that uses AD in it's processes to make variations on standard items, and needs a good training package for a varying group of employees with various experience levels.

In other words -
some companies may be looking for training material for thier employees, for example, a company that produces countertops or something like that... they use the same features over and over again!

As for myself - If there is a specific design process that is followed I could create a document with detailed instructions or a tutorial on how to create a specific item. Such tutorial could be portable - web or CD as a delivery medium, so that they can study it on their own time too!

I Often helped our Manufacturing Methods Staff make corrections and improvements in our Aircraft Building Manuals at Bombardier. Robert