What's new

Problem with chamfers

Kfed

Problem with chamfers

Hello all,

I am trying to create a drawing of a blade design and part of the blade has a chamfer on it and the tang does not. When i chamfer the blade edge it also chamfers the tang.

I was wondering is there some setting that will prevent the program from doing this. I tried creating two sketches, one of the chamfer edge and one of the tang, when i extruded the tang it ran the chamfer geometry from the blade end onto the tang. I tried this in another drawing and it did not do this.

Anyone ran into this problem? :?:

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

It may be as simple as unchecking the Tangent Propagate box. Other than that, I cannot offer any help as I don't completely understand what you are describing (what is the tang?).

This brings up a feature request.... it would be nice to offer a variable tangent. Related, it would be nice if the variable fillet offered more variation (now it is just from one end to the other, it would be nice if it offered more than two variations in the fillet size).

Kfed

The tang is the part of the blade that the handle of the knife is attached to, like on a file, where you attach the handle. I will try that option and see what happens. Thanks

Edit: Tried that option but as soon as i bring the other extrusion back it creates a chamfer on that part as well.