What's new

Problem with circular pattern

Brandon

Hi everyone,

I am currently a beginner using the AlibreAtom3D free trial, and I'm working on a jet tutorial by JOKO Engineering.

So far in his tutorial, I am up to
(at the specific time stamp). For some reason, I cannot do the loft. I have re-watched the video from the beginning twice and redid everything. I followed every step he did, but I still can't seem to find the issue of why I can't loft the two sketches.

Below, I have attached a file to the model. Please feel free to open it and see if you find a solution. I would really like to finish my first project before I purchase the full version of AlibreAtom3D.

Thanks in advance for your help and time. I really appreciate it!

1680377921955.png

Attachments

• JAS-39_Gripen - Copy.AD_PRT
    5.8 MB · Views: 5

Brandon

Hmm. It works for me now...

I closed the application for 20 minutes or so and just reopened it. Before, it didn't work; now, it works. Hm, kind of odd.

Thanks for the help though!

Brandon

Hi idslk,

I believe I have come across another problem. In the circular pattern feature, I cannot create more than 20 instances; for some reason, I can only create 9. I have attached another file for you to check to see if the problem is only with me.

It is at this timestamp:
1680380617957.png1680380643952.png

Attachments

• JAS-39_Gripen - Copy.AD_PRT
    5.9 MB · Views: 3

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you Right Click on a feature in the Design Explorer you can select Status from the pop up menu. The status of the circular pattern indicates there is a problem with the geometry.
1680391130388.png
After working with it for a while I got it to create 14 instances before it erred out.

I had one final thought that the end face may have an issue. So I added a small extrusion and was able to complete the tail pipe pattern.
Here's a short video of the procedure I used.

Last edited:

Brandon

If you Right Click on a feature in the Design Explorer you can select Status from the pop up menu. The status of the circular pattern indicates there is a problem with the geometry.
View attachment 38826
After working with it for a while I got it to create 14 instances before it erred out.

I had one final thought that the end face may have an issue. So I added a small extrusion and was able to complete the tail pipe pattern.
Here's a short video of the procedure I used.

Hi Harold,

Thanks a lot for the video. I will take a look at it and see if I can complete the tailpipe pattern. Thanks again!