What's new

Problem with revolve (V23 version)

Adi

Hello
I found 2 quite strange bugs-
1) while I want to make an revolve (desn't matter if it's Cut or Boss), I don't have an Ok button active- I need to click 2 times on line which is a rotation axis (if it's part of shape to relove - for Eg to make a ball) to make the operation done.

2) If i have to revolve shape, while revolve axis is not a part of shape to revolve (for eg. tourus)- I need to drawn all sketch with normal lines, then choose revolve option- choose setings of the operation (angle/ axis etc), klick on OK button (which is red then), and after that... change in sketch mode line type to construction line)- is this normal? I don't remember that there was such problem in V22

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I think I experience your Item 1 but may have just missed the line with my cursor. I have to keep an eye on this.

For Item 2 what you describe was present in v22 also. The way to avoid having to select the line then edit the sketch to convert it to reference line is to insert an axis in your sketch.
These images should explain the process:

Create a reference line for the axis:
CreateAxisRefLine.png

Then, while still in your sketch, insert an Axis from sketch: (see previous image for ribbon location of the option.)

InsertAxisfromSketch.png

Finally create the Revolve using the sketch axis for the revolve axis:

CreateRevolveWithAxis.png

You can Hide the axis after the revolve is created. (RMB on the axis and select Hide).

Adi

Thanks,
point 2- now it's everything simple, I wonder how I could miss this- it looks now much easier than my way :)