What's new

Problems inserting shaded view of assemblies into a drawing .

Hi All

What colour selections determines if you can insert an Assembly view in shaded format.

I find it a bit of a lottery when creating assemblies with parts of different colours. Sometimes I can insert these as a shaded Assm view into a drawing with no hitch. Other times it will only insert in standard view type.

Any thoughts on this.

Regards

Southernpedro

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Specifically:

Limitations of Creating Draft and Shaded Views​

When creating a 2D drawing of an assembly, there can be limitations on creating Draft Views and Shaded Views. If a top-level assembly or any sub-assembly within a model contains both inter-design constraints and multiple configurations, Draft Views and Shaded Views will not be available. Both of these cases require the same assembly or sub-assembly for the limitation to exist. For example, Configurations in the main assembly and inter-design constraints in a sub-assembly will not prevent you from creating Shaded or Draft Views.

Hi Nate
Thanks for that, I was assuming that it was a part colour issue involving the graphics card.

model contains both inter-design constraints and multiple configurations,

I do use configurations a lot in my Assemblies. I try to constrain parts and Sub-assemblies to ref Planes etc.

So the answer is to avoid multiple configurations and create multiple Assm files with single configurations?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I personally find the limitations kinda bogus as most of mine have inter-design constraints and and multiple configurations too. Shaded views are just something I can rarely use then.

I suppose each user has there own preferences.

I find it very helpful for the workshop and site install guys to colour code each Member type in the Main GA assembly. This helps them identify particular install locations easier.

Thanks for the info I can adjust my technique when I need to now.

MKR

I suppose each user has there own preferences.

I find it very helpful for the workshop and site install guys to colour code each Member type in the Main GA assembly. This helps them identify particular install locations easier.

Thanks for the info I can adjust my technique when I need to now.
You are not alone...