What's new

Properly setting up 3d connexion space navigator

anson

I just got a compact wireless space mouse and an hour of playing with it left me kind of confused. All I can get it to do is zoom and even that is backwards. Is there anyone out there that is professional in this area? If so I would greatly appreciate any help.
EDIT: I got the zoom to go in the correct direction now.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Use the software from 3DConnexion (don't rely on native windows support), import my profile (attached in zip archive) for Alibre as a starting point then adjust to optimise.

Attachments

• alibre.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 14

anson

OK I figured out how to import your profile, but then the mouse does nothing and the settings are all greyed out. Am I still missing something?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure - several others have used that settings file. You have to check the box (to left of slider) to be able to use each slider. Slider only un-greys when you click on it.

Properties for the currently 'in focus' application show in the 3DConnexion app - so make sure to have Alibre open.

anson

OK it just started working now with the settings in my previous post. I'm not sure what happened but maybe it takes a program restart or something to make the settings apply.