Hello colleagues,

am i doing something wrong?
1) Publish to 3D-PDF:
upload_2019-7-23_14-45-16.png
2) Preview in reader (or publish, doesn't make a difference):
upload_2019-7-23_15-2-39.png

3) activate 3D in reader:
upload_2019-7-23_15-3-16.png

Hm? I've tried it with a few more different assemblies including a demo part from the alibre website:
upload_2019-7-23_14-59-19.png
same result.

That looks not real pretty...

Regards
Stefan

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
That issue has been reported, it seems to be machine specific. Not clear yet what is triggering the issue.

Were your parts displaced when you rotated the PDF workspace, or were the 'expanded' as soon as you activated the PDF?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
OK - may be a slightly different issue. The one I saw only spread the parts about when rotating the workspace (as though all the constraints had come undone). Yet I used the same files to produce 3D PDF and the output worked OK.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Exporting as SAT and making a 3D-PDF out of it in Simlab on "this maschine" works...
upload_2019-7-23_15-38-41.png
Regards
Stefan

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Did you run the beta before the production version? I'm trying to find any common threads...

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Nor did the guy who reported it. I'm wondering if there could have been some dll or other that was in a beta build, but either missing or an older version in the release version. I don't know enough about this to be sure, but I recall something similar in the past, where something didn't work as a fresh install, but did work on a machine that had previously had AD installed.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my PDF from that boring head example from Alibre web site - it seems OK. I produced it as you did in build 20047.

Attachments

• 0_Boring Head Assembly.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 8

idslk

Alibre Super User
It's ok for me, too.
As i said, it's not only the PDF, also the STP is affected (or maybe the initial issue?)
see here the demo file as a AP203 (also tested the 214 and 242...)
upload_2019-7-23_16-29-22.png
The last version (2018.2) did these things ok!

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• 0_Boring Head Assembly.zip
    291.5 KB · Views: 2

JST

Alibre Super User
Did not have the beta, DO have the problem. just as shown.

And some old models ALSO have parts in wrong places also

2019 step inport.jpg

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Confirmed this is machine specific - one of my computers creates 'good' 3D PDF - from same files the other computer creates 'mangled' 3D PDF.
The fun bit will be finding out the key differences....

idslk

Alibre Super User
Confirmed this is machine specific - one of my computers creates 'good' 3D PDF - from same files the other computer creates 'mangled' 3D PDF.
The fun bit will be finding out the key differences....
Are there any news?
same OS? Which "step" dll was used in the beta? Are the import/export dll's are all from Tech Soft 3D?
I created a simple new assembly and it seems that on step creation the assembly constraints are ignored and some kind of orientation with the reference geometrie of the assembled parts is done.
Regards
Stefan

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
STEP export is not connected with 3D PDF. There are 2 different issues seen so far in 3D PDF. It is being worked on.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It does however appear that specific machines that suffer from the STEP issue also suffer from the 3DPDF issue, and I don't believe we've seen any cases where a machine suffers from 1 but not the other. That consistency will hopefully allow us to identify and fix the issue.