What's new

Radeon 7500 - Catalyst - dual moniters

gwilym

Radeon 7500 - Catalyst - dual moniters

Hi - I've been trying to get Alibre working on an R50 IBM laptop with Radeon 7500. I installed DirectX 9c and it is working except on my external moniter (17 inch)I can't use a window bigger than the existing laptop moniter - if I try it goes all crazy within the viewing pane.

I would like to know if anybody out there has any experience with the ATI Catalyst software in relation to this. It may fix things? At the moment I can't install it - since installing DirectX it gets halfway through installation then exits stating it can't find certain files.

Or...has anybody had luck on a radeon setup with dual moniters and shared desktop?

esingleton

I am running dual 17" Samsung SyncMaster 730B LCDs off of a single ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card. It works pretty well unless I am working with large assemblies (400+ parts) then things start to slow down.

I am thinking about adding another video card to drive the second monitor since this wasn't an issue until I added the second screen.

As far as the ATI software goes the Catalyst worked pretty well for me but I ultimately ended up using UltraMon. It is a great little program and fairly inexpensive at $39.95. There is a 30 day free trial available for download. If you decide to stick with the Catalyst I found using the wizards or basic views made setting things up much easier.

Eric