What's new

Random Questions and Support for Further Post Processing...

silver2row

Hello,

I am sort of new, i.e. as I do not use the software as much these days as I tried to use it in the past. I recently came across some error in my source where I had to renew with a one-year updates/upgrades to make my software work again...

This is fine. I paid the funding to support the updates/upgrades for the year. My Alibre works again! Outside of that idea...

1. Is it possible to draw a line and start basically from scratch?
2. I have used it with imported parts before today...
3. I sometimes, or I actually wanted to use it, wanted to send specific exports to machines for building.

Is number one possible?

Is number three possible? For instance, can I export the part as .stl formatted files for then processing them further for 3D Printing and part making?

Seth

P.S. See, I am still new to the Alibre source. I have questions that have answers but am hesitant to ruin my updates/upgrades of the software to further investigate. Send support and rations!

silver2row

For Instance,

Say this is a fact:

1. I have a sketch.
2. I want to make the sketch into 3D as an export.
3. I want to make the sketch 3D so I can then export it.

Is this possible with a .jpg file in a sketch?

Seth

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You didn't say which level of Alibre you have, Expert, Pro, or Atom3D. So a good place to start is on the training page for your installation.
To answer your #1 question, Yes, you can start with a line. In fact to start a model you need to create a sketch. That sketch is either extruded, revolved, or swept into a boss.
If you are tracing an image you can turn off the visibility of the image when you are done tracing and complete the model. You should then be able to export the model as a STEP, STL or add it to a drawing for documenting it.

silver2row

Atom3D is the type of source I have currently.

Okay, thank you. I am currently trying to build an imported 2D, .jpg file into a 3D exportable file, i.e. either in step or stl format.

Seth

P.S. The imported .jpg is a type of icon with lettering around it. So, I figured I could import it, extrude it, and then export it. My export has not happened due to me not understanding the principle of building 2D into 3D with the source (Alibre Atom3D).