What's new

reproducing the mating half

When all is said and done, there will be another ring that is approximately the mirror image of the one that is in my package! I want to be able to mount it on the rotary plate that is on the top of my crawler. It will rotate slowly

The purpose is to be able feed air to a number of pneumatic tools mounted on the rotating plate. There will be at least 3 maybe 4 reciprocating saws plus there will be a continuous air purge blowing out the top to keep the foliage from getting stuck in the crawlers and causing grief, There are some undecideds under consideration. I'm thinking I may have to increase the .65 diameter of the plenum/manifold.

What I'm seeking from you guys is help doing the mirror image of my existing part which i want to synchronize (groove down in groove) upper with lower!!! I certainly don't expect air tight! I'm just trying to slow escaping air some! If there is a way I can lay down the existing profile then "trace" over it that would be ideal, at least it seems so to my thought processes!!!!

Some of what you see is driven by that fact that I will have assemble this around each tree. That big round cone section the middle is a sample palm tree!!

Attachments

• lower manifold.0.1.1.AD_PKG
    126.2 KB · Views: 11
  • first full fledged assy.0.AD_PKG
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Ken226
I have been watching video's for half the day. I've done sections in years (6-8 years) past. Can't seem to get what they want now. I wanted to produce some dimensions for the section including those grooves you manipulated so handily! Can't get Alibre to magnify that section and let me focus in!!

I'm sure it's not that difficult but I'm not getting it!! Thanks for the time you've already spent!!

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Have you tried creating a separate cutaway model, with the extra material extruded away, then creating a drawing of that cutaway model set to a larger scale, like 3:1 or bigger?

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Thats what I did here. I cut away most of the material from your model using extrudes and saved that model. Then I created a quick drawing using that model @ a 2:1 scale.

Is something like that what you had in mind?

Attachments

• drawing.jpg
    drawing.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Manifold Cutaway.AD_PRT
    471.5 KB · Views: 0
Have you tried creating a separate cutaway model, with the extra material extruded away, then creating a drawing of that cutaway model set to a larger scale, like 3:1 or bigger?
Thats what I did here. I cut away most of the material from your model using extrudes and saved that model. Then I created a quick drawing using that model @ a 2:1 scale.

Is something like that what you had in mind?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You can do create an enlarged Detail View in the drawing without having to create a separate model that may be unassociated to the original.
Depending on how much you want in the detail view and what scale you need - here's an quick example:
EnlargedDetailView.png

Ken226

Alibre Super User
You can do create an enlarged Detail View in the drawing without having to create a separate model that may be unassociated to the original.
Depending on how much you want in the detail view and what scale you need - here's an quick example:
View attachment 36157

I considered that when I first read his post, then I seemed to remember someone complaining about Atom not having that function.

Now Im realizing he isn't using Atom anyway.

Trying to come up with ideas that work with Atom so often gets me discombobulated.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
off topic: I reckon that if we use a higher version and are active on the forum that we should be supplied a version of atom to help constructively.
also, putting the version you are using in your signature helps those helping you immensely.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Unfortunately, these days many of us are browsing the forum on our phones much of the time and the signature doesn't show on phones.

Now that V25 allows side by side installs, it wouldn't be hard at all to install Atom. As long as the current license will work with it.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
No need to install Atom - it and Alibre Design use the same code, just feature level is determined by licence code.

Side by side versions has nothing to do with operating different levels of software.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
No need to install Atom - it and Alibre Design use the same code, just feature level is determined by licence code.

Side by side versions has nothing to do with operating different levels of software.

So all that would be needed would be an Atom license key?

For a design expert user, Ponying up an extra 150$ for an Atom license just to be able to help out forum members using Atom might be a tough pill to swallow.

Sounds like it wouldn't take much effort for Alibre to allow some Design users access to a few Atom licenses.

I'm not sure that my PC isn't screwing with me. Quite regularly it freezes up. It, as I discovered needs a video card!! It's gets to the point that
View attachment 36157
I was laying in bed this am early. Had a duh momnet. Jumped up and started drawing. Took a slice from the upper and lower. Made an assembly this is what I got. Pretty happy with it at this point. Appreciate you guys jumping in!!

Attachments

• upper n lower.PNG
    upper n lower.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 7
  • upper n lower  .1.PNG
    upper n lower .1.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 7
just realized however that i still have create a way to put a compression load on the two halves, cause the air pressure will be trying to put them in different zip codes!!!:mad:

I'm drawing that compression fixturing. On an incredibly basic part it is saying I have an open loop!!!!!!!!!! Wont let extrude add a vertical on a radius. Got no idea what the problem is. I've been trying for three days to make simple part!!!!

Please find the package that is attached

Attachments

• thrust puck mount.AD_PKG
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220606_094718067.jpg
    IMG_20220606_094718067.jpg
    855.5 KB · Views: 10

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Theres no arc section across the top. When I click "Analyze Sketch", it shows an open loop.

The advanced selector showed the top arc portion of your sketch to have a reference arc, nothing else.

When i converted the reference arc to a sketch figure, it extruded fine.Untitled.png