What's new

Reverse/Mirrored/Arched Text>>>

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Does anyone have any tips for how to create this text in Alibre's Sketch Tool? Name red-lined for privacy.

I ended up using Corel Draw and exporting it as a .DXF from there. As far as I can see there would be no way to do this with the current tools. (not easily anyway)

text.png

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Does anyone have any tips for how to create this text in Alibre's Sketch Tool? Name red-lined for privacy.

I ended up using Corel Draw and exporting it as a .DXF from there. As far as I can see there would be no way to do this with the current tools. (not easily anyway)

View attachment 36769

I've experimented with this a little.
There are a couple ways I have done it natively in Alibre, but all are alot harder than what your already doing. There's no easy way to do it natively.

Things have been moving the right direction with the wrap and project tools for v25.

Maybe @Max can add this to the list for v26. ;)

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I think text on a curve has been requested several times. Maybe @DavidJ could verify that and if it has see if there's an update.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I think text on a curve has been requested several times. Maybe @DavidJ could verify that and if it has see if there's an update.
It is in the list for attention of Development - I've just added a link to this thread to bump it. It's currently in the open list of items from which specific ones are selected for each sprint - i.e. it isn't scheduled for any particular version.