What's new

Rounded rectangular coil/spring script in MoI

bemfarmer

_CoilRectangular is a simple MoI script which creates a multi-Turn helix-like, "rounded rectangle" coil curve, based upon a 2D rounded rectangle with continuous z offset. The curve can also be considered to be a spring coil.
The coil turn is made up of line segments and quarter helices.
The number of Turns is an integer. If Turns = zero, one turn is still made, a slight bug.
The user may Sweep the curve with a circle or rectangle, (flat mode suggested,) or other 2D object, placed at the beginning, tangent/perpendicular to the curve.
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8657.1
- Brian

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Thanks Brian. I know you work a lot with scripts, mostly shared on the Moi forum. Do you have a library where these can be browsed?

bemfarmer

Hi bigseb,
This script was inspired by Harolds recent post. (MoI's "flat" sweep of rectangle works well.)
Someday I'll do a website... ...did start a Weebly site a couple weeks ago, without content... too busy with work/family duties...
The MoI scripts that I have done are on the MoI forum, with some, in French, on Pilou's website.
- Brian

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Hi bigseb,
This script was inspired by Harolds recent post. (MoI's "flat" sweep of rectangle works well.)
Someday I'll do a website... ...did start a Weebly site a couple weeks ago, without content... too busy with work/family duties...
The MoI scripts that I have done are on the MoI forum, with some, in French, on Pilou's website.
- Brian
Problem is finding stuff on the Moi forum. Unless you know exactly what to look for you gonna miss some, if not not most. A centralized library would be perfect. Lew's suggestion is aces.