What's new

Sample Script Error

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Ok, so I am testing the sample scripts that install with Alibre Design and found that the Pattern Along script isn't working. It prompts me to select the Path and Profile sketches but the only result I get from it is the following:

Code:
Calculating...
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'TinySpline.tinysplinecsharpPINVOKE' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'tinysplinecsharp': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at TinySpline.tinysplinecsharpPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.SWIGRegisterExceptionCallbacks_tinysplinecsharp(ExceptionDelegate applicationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate arithmeticDelegate, ExceptionDelegate divideByZeroDelegate, ExceptionDelegate indexOutOfRangeDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidCastDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidOperationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate ioDelegate, ExceptionDelegate nullReferenceDelegate, ExceptionDelegate outOfMemoryDelegate, ExceptionDelegate overflowDelegate, ExceptionDelegate systemExceptionDelegate)
   at TinySpline.tinysplinecsharpPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at TinySpline.tinysplinecsharpPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..ctor()
   at TinySpline.tinysplinecsharpPINVOKE..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at TinySpline.tinysplinecsharpPINVOKE.new_BSpline__SWIG_2(UInt32 jarg1, UInt32 jarg2, UInt32 jarg3, Int32 jarg4)
   at TinySpline.BSpline..ctor(UInt32 nCtrlp, UInt32 dim, UInt32 deg, BSplineType type)
   at AlibreScript.API.Bspline3D.GetPointAt(Double u)
   at AlibreScript.API.Bspline3D.GetLengthtoPoint(Double u)
   at AlibreScript.API.Bspline3D.get_Length()
   at AlibreScript.API.Bspline3D.SubdivideGetNormals(Int32 Segments)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.FuncCallInstruction`3.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`4.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
   at AlibreScript.UI.IronTextBoxControl.#ijb(Object #9A)
>>>

Does anyone know what all this means?
I've checked/searched my system and found that it does have TinySpline installed.

BTW, I wish I would have discovered the Gear script before I got too heavily involved in my last project.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I can't get Pattern Along to work either - but then again I'm not even sure I'm using it right. I avoid 3d sketches whenever I can.

ajayre

Alibre Super User
Ok, so I am testing the sample scripts that install with Alibre Design and found that the Pattern Along script isn't working. It prompts me to select the Path and Profile sketches but the only result I get from it is the following:

I've checked/searched my system and found that it does have TinySpline installed.

Do you have 'tinysplinecsharp.dll' inside your Alibre Script AddOn folder inside your Alibre Design installation folder?

Andy

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Andy,
Happy New Year.
I've tried that too and yes the .dll is in the path and correctly named.
providing the .dll in "standard locations" does not help.
Regards
Stefan

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Do you have 'tinysplinecsharp.dll' inside your Alibre Script AddOn folder inside your Alibre Design installation folder?
Yes, I have both TinySpline.dll and tinysplinecsharp.dll in C:\Program Files\Alibre Design\Program\Addons\AlibreScript. There is also a License file located in C:\Program Files\Alibre Design\Program\Addons\AlibreScript\Licenses\TinySpline.