What's new

Saving Error....

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

See attached screen grabs. This has happened to me twice now in the past couple weeks.

One is from trying to Save, the other is from a Save As (with existing filename)

Makes no sense, seems like it thinks I’m a different user all of a sudden.

Attachments

• error2.JPG
    error2.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 30
  • error.JPG
    error.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 30

simonb65

Alibre Super User
By 'other process', ensure that the folder is not open in a windows explorer with the preview pane active and if you have antivirus software enabled, try disabling it for a while as it may be scanning the file 'on access'.

That said, Alibre should handle this gracefully and I believe that improvements were made to file access in v22, including network locations (and your file path 'drive K:' suggests a mapped or shared network drive).

jfleming

Alibre Super User
By 'other process', ensure that the folder is not open in a windows explorer with the preview pane active and if you have antivirus software enabled, try disabling it for a while as it may be scanning the file 'on access'.

Looking like it may in fact be the File Explorer thing. I will try to repeat .

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Well, it wasn't an issue with File Explorer. It was not even open this time when it happened, I'm leaning towards an issue with me on my end, swapping/replacing .prt file with .asm file and some issues there.

JST

Alibre Super User
I have noticed the REVERSE issue, where a file Alibre has ever opened in the current session is still considered "open" by the OS even if Alibre closed it.

In such cases, Alibre must be closed. (The backup software skips open files, for instance)

lamar

This happens to me when the file is highlighted in the widows explorer. closing the explorer or un-highlighting the file will let me save it.
hope this helps

simonb65

Alibre Super User
The error says that the filename is a temp file ... so that indicates an intermediate 'working' file that Alibre has generated.

Do you have a virus scanner (Avast, Windows Defender, McAfee, etc) that scans a file 'on creation' or 'on access'? It may be that the virus scanner is scanning the file Alibre just created and now Alibre want's to delete it after finishing that intermediate step and now finds it can't because it's being scanned!

Either way, this should be handled by Alibre in a graceful way, not just crash!