What's new

screen problem

tsutt

screen problem

I just opened AD, and my grid is screwed up i have the settings for 1 inch spacing. it's good for 4 lines skips a space then 4 more line ect.? Closed it down and reopened same thing WTF! :shock: Todd

MilesH

Alibre Super User

No significant changes to your system since you last opened AD?

Seems like one of those annoying graphic card driver related things...

MilesH

Alibre Super User

If you're running 24/32 bit color, you could try the old trick of reducing to 16 bit.

I'm presuming that Snap still works correctly. Is that so?

tsutt

I just tried it, no diff. all drivers are up to date snap does work but diplay area is doing funny things also. x axis is gone. grid disapears ect. other apps work just fine so its something in AD or something ad doesn't like. And this comp is the one i really need it on. :evil: Todd

indesign

Alibre Super User

Sounds a little like the graphics card issues in a Dell system. For some reason it just lost things. Anyhow a system restore may work if it's not a hardware issue.

If it's a hardware problem then it may take replacing the card. If you have a card you could put in for tests (borrowed from another comp) you could verify if it is hardware.

tsutt

Geforce 5500 256mgsddr open gl. here's the deal I had a problem with the previous moboard so i put in a new board, processor and hd. this video card worked fine with the previous setup. it's an asus k8n board with a atholon 64, 3000 processor. 1gid ddr 400. I've been just getting this up and running. I have a couple other cad packages on here they work fine? Not sure where to go from here. Todd

tsutt

I just rolled back my driver and now i get the lines but drawing is impossible. it's in slow motion. Todd

indesign

Alibre Super User

New MB...hmmmm. I wonder if the BIOS needs an update? How about reinstalling DirectX? Man it really sounds like driver issues.

indesign

Alibre Super User

:?
Got Me....
Sounds like you covered all the normal issues. Not sure where to go from here. Did you run the directx diagnostics?

run>dxdiag

Of course even if it checks it doesn't mean couldn't still be the problem.

Of course I found an issue when running other directX programs with Alibre. Check and be certain that no other programs are running in the background.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Still sounds like a graphic card / driver issue. Some previously posted that you can tune your card for better performance with directx (as opposed to open gl). You might give that a try. You might also try the Omega drivers. Very popular with gamers (directx).

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

You can always roll back the driver, but I think the omega driver might do the trick (can't hurt to try).

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Actually, using the driver software to change the settings. Somewhere in the forum there is a post with more specifics.

tsutt

I just installed omega drivers which are a little older that nvidia's BUT it worked screen back to normal. :D :D Todd