What's new

Set decimal places for BOMs

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Is there any way to set these? I'm getting 6 decimal places and can't find where to change it to 1. Now my jig plate is showing a value of 131,132137kg... which is ridiculous.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Seb,

I suspect there may be a way - I have a couple of BoMs one shows 6 decimal places for mass, the other shows 3. The annoying thing is I can't find what causes the difference in display! Will let you know if I get to the bottom of this, and if it can be used to set number of decimals at will.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Seb,

I suspect there may be a way - I have a couple of BoMs one shows 6 decimal places for mass, the other shows 3. The annoying thing is I can't find what causes the difference in display! Will let you know if I get to the bottom of this, and if it can be used to set number of decimals at will.
Thanks.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Seb,

Please don't ask for an explanation - I can't work one out. But try this.

Set DISTANCE Units for the assembly to cm, with precision of 1, save file.

Create a NEW BoM for the assembly - add the Weight column if not already in your template.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Seb,

Possible edit to the above you may need to experiment with units setting for the assembly - cm isn't universally the one to use.

I got all kinds of odd results whilst looking into this. Though I sometimes saw changes in assembly properties take effect on refresh of BoM, it's probably safer to make new BoM after changes just to be sure.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
There is an enhancement request already logged to allow setting of precision directly in the BoM - presumably this would work somewhat like a dimension style in a 2D drawing.