What's new

Sheet 2 of 3 - Cutlist

Mika

Hi.

If I'll make my weldment structure assy drawing in a sheet 1 of 3 and want to make 2 of 3 as "cutlist". What is the best way to bring those assembly parts on that sheet separately from the assembly?

Putting those as a new views from partfiles, will change my drawing sheet name, so that is not so good way. Adding the whole assembly as a new view and hiding the all other parts than wanted one piece of "flatbar" makes better solution.

When doing like this, I just cannot get the "flat patterns" of sheet metal parts used in a weldment assembly. I just want to show all the weldment assy parts separately on a one sheet, sheet 2 of 3 as "cutlist". Not a separated drawings from each piece of metal.

Sheet 3 of 3 will be the scale 1:1, named as DXF. Ready to export for laser cut.

1 of 3: Weldment assy
2 of 3: Cutlist
3 of 3: DXF

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello mika,
weldment structure assy drawing in a sheet 1
then:
1) insert a new sheet
2) activate the sheet
3) goto "sheet and views"
4) choose standard views
5) choose your weldment structure assembly
6) choose one view, no matter which (it's only for the labeling field on the drawing sheet)
7) insert the view on the canvas
8) hide the view
9) choose standard views
10) click on browse
11) choose the next single part you want to have on the drawing
12) choose the view and the other values (scale, view ...)
13) insert the view on the canvas
14) repeat steps 9) to 14) until you have all parts...

go further with your dxf sheet...

hope this helps

Regards
Stefan

Mika

So this means that the drawing title block takes the item name and number from first imported viewport? After that I can import other parts and name is not changing anymore?

idslk

Alibre Super User
So this means that the drawing title block takes the item name and number from first imported viewport?
until you delete the hidden view...
After that I can import other parts and name is not changing anymore?
if you have deleted the hidden initial view and after that you insert a new one, the name will be changed to the new one.

Regards
Stefan

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You can choose / set the design that drives the properties per sheet - choose 'Design Properties' from the Drawing Management ribbon, then select the relevant sheet, and for that sheet select the Design that will drive the property values to be displayed.

Mika

Thank you both of you Stefan and David. David´s mentioned design properties fully solved my problem. This thread can be marked as resolved.