What's new

Sheet metal

otrotabi

I have noticed Alibre script is not included while creating a new sheet, maybe it will in the future ?

Meanwhile, I need to be able to automate sheet metal parts, and maybe if I prove myself smart enough even generate the G-code for our CNC punching machine with a script.

Lots of our parts are very similar and they are basically a "4-bends" sheet metal part, with some holes on it.

I have created a standard part (I call it base here) which I can convert to a sheet metal part using the "Convert to sheet metal" tool. I also created the part I really need to build with the sheet metal tool, I call it "Sheet metal base" here.

So my questions are: Is it possible to generate the sheet metal part with Alibre script directy ? If it is not possible, does anyone know how to generate a standard part which can be later converted to sheet metal later ? I need the flat pattern to work with.

I apologize if some reads a similar thread I created in a different section of the forum but I assume not everyone is using Alibre script so far.

Attachments

• base.AD_PRT
    288 KB · Views: 4
  • Sheet metal base.AD_SMP
    383 KB · Views: 4
Otrotabi -- As I have said elsewhere, the use of "Lockheed K-Factors" precludes your ability to generate this information consistently or correctly. Too few people understand the mathematics of sheetmetal forming. Ignorance leads!