What's new

Shortcut to Export a DXF File?

Old Geeser

Thank you so much for sending the current file. It now displays the message "Select the face". I still cannot get by the "Face must be selected first to export" message. I have walked thru the routine manually by pressing the same control keys and don't see any action. Am I maybe missing a set of control keys not being implemented on my machine?
Also, I see a "WinWait. Project to Sketch,,1" instruction. I would guess this is an Alibre command, but I don't know where to find this kind of instruction.
Thanks again

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Go to System Options > All Workspaces > Keyboard Shortcuts > Parts Editor > Sketch > Project to sketch and check it has p listed. If not click the box on the right hand side and then press p.
Click OK to close out and try the script.
Click the face you want to export, run the script, then click on the face again when the message pops up. It should just auto run from there.

1658983016724.png

Old Geeser

Thanks again, Albie0803. It now works (if I remove the "Face must be selected first to export" error check section).
Can I ask one more question? I've tried many ways but can't figure out how to get it to save out the DXF file (always with the same file name). I've attached my file with the changes (last 9 lines really).

Old Geeser

Sorry, somehow the routine i attached did not get included. So, I'll try again to attach the file.

Attachments

• Export_to DXF 10.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 10