What's new

Showing Alibre file thumbnails in M-Files preview pane

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Is there a way to get Alibre thumbnails/icons to show in the preview pane in M-Files explorer? They show ok in std windows folders?

Ok, after a little more exploration I notice that the part doesn't show in the Windows preview pane like pdf and jpg files do, which also show in the M-Files preview pane.

Surely if the item can be shown in a thumbnail/icon already then a windows preview viewer shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe.............

bigseb

Alibre Super User
... after a little more exploration I notice that the part doesn't show in the Windows preview pane like pdf and jpg files do...

They should though. Especially if you have set it to show icons. Perhaps something else is amiss...

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't show a preview, because there is no previewer available for Alibre Design. Previews and Thumbnails are not the same thing at all.

You can get Thumbnails to show in M-Files views, but they'll only show at larger icon sizes - I think M-Files requires them to be set one size above where Windows normally start to display thumbnails.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
It doesn't show a preview, because there is no previewer available for Alibre Design. Previews and Thumbnails are not the same thing at all.

You can get Thumbnails to show in M-Files views, but they'll only show at larger icon sizes - I think M-Files requires them to be set one size above where Windows normally start to display thumbnails.
Bang on..
Preview.jpg