What's new

showing sketch lines in drawings

moyesboy

Alibre Super User
showing sketch lines in drawings

I'm working on textile machinery.
I need to represent the path of yarns through my machinery. for design purpose these can be regarded as infinitely thin.
What I expected to do was add 3D sketches in my assembly file that are related to the parts in my assembly. It doesn't look like this is possible.
As an alternative I can create another assembly component and this can have 3D sketches that are dependant on the other assembly components. So my yarn sketches can go from guide surface to guide surface and will follow if I move one of the guides.
But can I get these sketch lines to be visible in my assembly when the "yarn" part is not open for editing? can I get these sketch lines to be visible in my assembly drawing and dimension to them?
Do I have to produce solid around my yarn sketch lines? That would be a pity and a serious shortcoming compared to other solid packages I have used. I know sldwx can do this and I have printout of it from the machine I am trying to fit my parts to (and I have their parts imported from step which worked great!).
Surely I am not the first to want reference design sketches to be visible in assemblies and assembly drawings?

moyesboy
UK