What's new

Sigh........ apparently NONE of the really needed updates to save behavior are in V24? Where is the PROJECT DIRECTORY?

JST

Alibre Super User
Yeah, there is some stuff done.

But apparently, and I looked through everything that related to "save", the elephant in the room was ignored. I'd like to be wrong about this, but if I am I cannot find it.

I refer, of course, to the problem of saves going odd places. Places you maybe cannot find. Caused by perhaps going looking for a part, and looking in places other than where you are working. Frankly I don't even KNOW what causes this issue, and I do not CARE..... I want it to STOP.

Please let us have a project directory where everything goes unless you type or browse to a different location, and THAT must be for THAT save only (unless the current project is changed). If later on we can get more detailed, OK, but for now, let it be in a place we set for that project.

And have that remembered.

This seems so simple as a concept, and is one thing stopping organizations from using Alibre..... A company has to know where their data is and where it is going, and NOT depend on someone remembering to check each and every save to be sure.

I've had several cases of this issue in the present project They seem to have been caused by getting parts from other locations, can't be sure. It's just not fun, and it needs to stop.

Please put this on the list for the next release.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
It really needs a defined project directory AND a library directory. I suspect the poll @Max is currently running is hopefully to address something like this in a not too distant future release.

JST

Alibre Super User
I surely hope the "distant" is not too distant. This should be done as of 2014.