What's new

SimLab Composer adds completely new integration for Alibre

simlab

Glad to see Alibre progress, to make sure users have an affordable great CAD option.

SimLab Soft team created a completely new integration plugin for Alibre, that makes the process of transferring models from Alibre to SimLab Composer (Fast, preserves more information, and includes less errors)

We are talking about 10 times faster transfer speed compared to the old plugin.

As soon as you transfer the Alibre model to SimLab Composer you are ready to do great real time rendering, add animation, simulation, and create VR experiences.

The following introduction shows some of the capabilities gained by integrating Alibre with SimLab Composer:

The new integration plugin is ready for download from the following link
Do not forget to download latest version of SimLab Composer

If all what you need is to create great rendered images, up to full HD size, then you can use SimLab Composer lite, our free edition, capable of creating superior renders.

Rendered images with SimLab Composer lite can be used commercially.

[EDIT] Post deleted as I incorrectly flamed SimLab with the baggage I was carrying for DST Design Simulations.

My apologies SimLab.

Last edited:

simlab

The plugin doesn't work with the lite version. I just get this window.

View attachment 24546

You are correct. supporting integration plugin is one of the features of SimLab Composer Pro and up.

For using SimLab Composer lite you can export Alibre models as STEP 214 or 20, or ACIS (sat) and import the model to perform rendering.

List of supported file formats is available here

Comparison between editions in available here

simlab

We just added a new tutorial showing how to use the new integration plugin between Alibre and SimLab Composer

The tutorial shows the user how to use the active link to update the model in Alibre without the need to re-assign materials in SimLab Composer

If you want to learn what SimLab Composer can do for your Alibre design, check the following video