What's new

Sketch Rotation

salex319

Newbie using Atom3D. In sketch mode I have drawn an object using several primitives (circle and rectangle). Then I realize I want to orient it up rather than sideways (i.e. rotated 90 degrees). Is there any way to do this in Atom3D other than redrawing the entire object?

upload_2019-9-11_10-8-42.png

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I don't use Atom but looking at the buttons in your toolbar it seems like it doesn't have that capability. Perhaps you could constrain the geometry to keep its shape and then add vertical constraints to the two lines.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello salex319,

put x ynd y dimensions to eg. one circlecenter(the point! don't dimension a line to an axis, this makes the line parallel to the axis!) contraint the other elements (see picture, slightliy different to that shown in your last thread) than you can pick eg. the other center and turn your "sketch element group"... and add a angle dimension or contraints like bisgseb said...
upload_2019-9-11_20-25-46.png

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• Constraint_and_turnable.AD_PRT
    241.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

salex319

Thanks for your reply Stefan. I played around with my own examples and then I downloaded your example file but it doesn't have the angle dimension and I can't figure out how to dimension an angle versus a length. There must be some simple trick but I can't find it.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello salex319,

it you apply a dimension and you select two lines which are not parallel, Alibre will show automaticaly an angle dimension.
File with angle dimension is appended.

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• Constraint_and_turnable.AD_PRT
    242.5 KB · Views: 6

salex319

All right! I finally got it to work with your help. I had to apply the right constraints ( I know that's obvious ) and it worked fine once I could apply an angle dimension. Thank you very much!