What's new

slic3r will drive me to think

I am trying to use slic3r with STL files produced from Alibre. I have had very mixed results. (mostly bad lately).
Can someone tell me what Alibre STL output settings work best for creating STL files from Alibre and then sending them through Slic3r?

Charlie

Tyler,
I am attaching a screen shot of the block I am testing with and the STL file that is representative of what is happening. It is a very simple 90 x 5 x 42 mm block.

I have tried it in Slic3r 0.9.8 on Windows 7 and 0.9.9 on Windows XP. There are no relevant entries in the system logs on either machine relevant to the problem.

On Win 7 / Slic3r 0.9.8, Slic3r loads the file, but when I try and generate the gcode, the program just goes away with no indication of an error or a problem. It just closes.

On Win XP / Slic3r 0.9.9, Slic3r loads the file, but when I try and generate the gcode, I get the following error...
"Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -1 at C:\PROGRA~1/Slic3r/lib/std/Slic3r/Print/Object.pm line 161."

Since I am using different computers, different versions of windows, and different versions of Slic3r, I have to figure that the only thing that remains the same is that the STL was produced from Alibre PE 2013. I have never attempted to modify the STL settings in Alibre because I wouldn't know what to modify them too.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Charlie

Attachments

• 90x5x42_block.stl
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 90x5x42_block.png
    90x5x42_block.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 411
Well Crap. I hate admitting it when I am being stupid.

The problem was that somehow the units in the STL setup got changed from millimeters to meters. I don't think my printer is big enough for that ;>.

Thanks to anyone that read this and thought about it.

I guess I got drove to think.

Charlie