What's new

**Solved** -- Assembly Floats Above 'Ground'

Hello, I'm about one week into learning Alibre and I've come across a cosmetic quirk which I'd like to figure out. This issue is when I align my assembly to the XZ-Plane which seems to coincide with the "ground" my assembly ends up floating some 11" when I select the 'ground shadows' option. Is there a way to make the ground and the XZ-Plane equal? I realize ultimately is doesn't matter and I can just offset the assembly below the XZ-Plane but if there is a proper solution it would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance
Capture.PNG

bigseb

Alibre Super User
There's is no 'ground'. That's just a cosmetic thing. Go to the view tab and turn off ground shadows.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Reference geometry is considered part of the scene. You can see the bottom of the plane extends downward where the shadow is. Ctrl+Shift+P to toggle reference geometry off. Then turn on shadows after and it will be more what you want.

Reference geometry is considered part of the scene. You can see the bottom of the plane extends downward where the shadow is. Ctrl+Shift+P to toggle reference geometry off. Then turn on shadows after and it will be more what you want.
This completely fixed the issue! Thank you so much!