What's new

(solved) V21 doesn't open any alibre file - SpacePilot Driver culprit

evandene

Hi,

I upgraded ALIBRE Design from 2019 to V21 with no problem during installation.
But when opening a file all looks well until rendering is finished and than Alibre crashes without any warning or error.
Any help is welcome

Hunter

No such problems with my installation, also upgraded today from 2019 to V21.

Perhaps try reinstalling?
Uninstall, reboot, then install again. And download a fresh copy of V21, just to be safe.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
But when opening a file all looks well until rendering is finished and than Alibre crashes without any warning or error.
Any help is welcome
Is it one specific file or any file? If its a specific file, can you share it so we can confirm it on our know good installs or submit it to Alibre dev. And let them take a look.

DesignTime

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I upgraded ALIBRE Design from 2019 to V21 with no problem during installation.
Any help is welcome

Hi evandene,

A few questions from the Development side of the house to help us pin down the culprit. If you could be so kind as to reply to them.

1. If you open GLP and BOM from the Home window does it still crash Alibre?
2. When you open an empty drawing what happens?
3. If you switch to Legacy Display Settings does Alibre V21 work?

evandene

Alibre support was trying to help me already without any luck so far, that's why I was asking the community.
I will try to update 2019 again and will report here today

evandene

From a perfect working 2019 version, I updated 2019 to V21.
Disabled legacy display ==> I can open an existing BOM
Disabled legacy display ==> I can't create a drawing from out of the home window, V21 crashes without an error
Disabled legacy display ==> I can't open an existing drawing, V21 crashes without showing an error
Enabled legacy display ==> I can open an existing BOM => after closing file and closing Alibre error pops up for 2 -3 seconds. see attached
Enabled legacy display ==> I did try to open a new empty part and the after rendering was done, but before showing the empty part, V21 crashed, no error
I will uninstall V21 now again (for the fourth time), clean out registry and install 2019 again. (For the fifth time)

Attachments

• Alibre Crash_Enabled Legacy display opening BOM.pdf
    73.1 KB · Views: 11

simonb65

Alibre Super User
What version of windows are you running?
What version of DirectX is your machine running?
Are all windows updates installed?

I presume you did a reboot aftef install (sometimes helps windows tidy up and use new installed common compondbts after installs).

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
This turned out to be an issue with outdated 3DxWare software for 3DConnexion devices. There have been a few cases reported. Updating to more recent versions of 3DxWare has resolved the issue.

For legacy SpacePilot devices do not update beyond 3DxWare v10.4.1 (more recent versions don't recognise the device).

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
FYI - I have an old unsupported SpaceNavigator and the driver I found to work best is version 10.6.4. There is a newer version (10.6.5) but there is nothing in the What's New that indicates that it would work any better for Alibre v21.