What's new

Standard symbols on a drawing

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello colleagues,

how do you put in the "standard" symbols on a drawing for example like
upload_2019-5-2_16-59-5.png
Do you insert it on the drawing template, on the sheet or in a view, how do you draw the edge, how do you position the symbol to the edge...
Can you please describe the "best" workflow.

Regards
Stefan

how do you put in the "standard" symbols on a drawing for example like [...] Do you insert it on the drawing template, on the sheet or in a view, how do you draw the edge, how do you position the symbol to the edge...
Can you please describe the "best" workflow.
Such Symbols should be included in the Symbols Font set. Where is the Chamfer Synbol (sort of like a "canted V") and the others defined under "traditional" (since 1984) Drafting Symbols? I created a (1984) complete Drafting Symbol Set for Generic CADD (and, later, for General CADD) that, could I "convert" (say) DXF to TrueType I would be happy to share, but the "process" os far from clear to me.

Attachments

• GCP_SINGLEX.pdf
    151.9 KB · Views: 16

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Lew,

thanks for the font overview, but that does not solve my question. There is a "button" in AlibreDesign" to insert the edge tolerance

upload_2019-5-2_23-51-21.png

but if you want to use it for "tolerance of all edges in the drawing" it does not provide you the "sample edge" where the leader points to.
So it up to me (or you) to draw this edge which ist not an egde of the part.
upload_2019-5-2_23-54-32.png

I want to know the easiest way to handle this.

Regards
Stefan

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Lew,

it could be done so, but i would like to do it with the symbolic representation used in the standard (ISO 13715) as basically also provided by Alibre Design. Does nobody else use such informations on drawings?

Regards
Stefan

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe set a catalogue feature for your 'sample edge' (2 lines at right angles) - place that on your sheet, add the edge tolerance symbol using the tool. You can manually place the leader from the tolerance symbol (or turn of the leader).

If you use it all the time - put the sample edge in your template.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Just a thought...Maybe you can create a Section or Partial Section view to get the edge(s) you need then note in the view label that it applied to all edges.