What's new

STEP file schema

shubhab

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your interest in Alibre's STEP Schema. However, at this point, we have not made this available to any external developers.

We would be interested in knowing what project you have in mind which wants you to use the Step Schema rather than the API?

We strongly recommend you to rely on our API and future improvements to the API we make, because, if you have to use the Step Schema, it will be lot harder as you have to interpret the schema and map it to your understanding. Since there are several objects in our schema, more programming effort and several technical challenges would be involved.

Please let us know if you have any further questions on this.

Thanks,
Shubha,
Alibre, Inc.

alexfranke

Thanks Shubha,

I'm interested mostly because I'd like to know a little more about what's going on behind the scenes, so to speak. Also, modifying the files directly might enable me to implement some of the types of features that are being requested in the forums.

I can appreciate that you recommend the API instead -- I do the same thing at my "real" job. :wink: There are limitations, though. I'd be happy to start posting them as API enchancement requests if you like.

BTW, I heard that you guys were going to be using .Net for a future version. I think that's awesome if it's true!

Cheers,
Alex

shubhab

Hi Alex,

Sure, please do post all your enhancement requests. We'll be glad to address them in our future releases depending on our schedule.

I think, it would be good to have a separate section, like a Section for Wish lists, where one could post the enhancements they like in our API.
I'll work on that soon.

Yes, we are planning to move to .Net in future soon.

Thanks,
Shubha,
Alibre, Inc.