What's new

Supress parts and constraints... Bravo!!!

Gaspar

Alibre Super User
Supress parts and constraints... Bravo!!!

I just reluctantly upgraded to V9.0.

No configs for my std. license and possibly the bugs associated with a new release... and what did I bump into?

We can now supress parts, subassemblies and constraints 8)

Bravo Alibre!!! Nice thing. I've been finding it useful all day.

Guess I'm gonna bite the $500 bullet and upgrade, too. BUT, I'm gonna order the CD; not gonna download it from their website.

I'm getting more an more used to Alibre' and 3D modeling, all the time. It's still hard sometimes, though. I mean 20yrs of 2D AutoCad just does something to ya! :lol:

caduser1

Pretty cool little feature!

BTW, I searched through help but was unable to find
anything on the suppress command. What exactly is
the difference between Hide and Suppress?

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Sure thing Nick,

I'm sorrry if the spelling confused you. Should have written "suppress".

If you right click on an item in the explorer, an option will show to "suppress". If you try it on a part or subassembly, it will grey it out and unload it from the assembly so it doesn't take up memory, it seems to me.

If you try on a constraint, it will allow you to move the part free of that constraint.

Please tell me if it is clear now 8)

Gaspar

Alibre Super User
Re:

caduser1 said:
Pretty cool little feature!

BTW, I searched through help but was unable to find
anything on the suppress command. What exactly is
the difference between Hide and Suppress?

Sorry Caduser, you posted while I was writting the above.

I think that suppress unloads the part from memory, pretty much like when you could put it in a layer and then turn that layer off.

Hide only clears the part from the display.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User
Re: Supress parts and constraints... Bravo!!!

Gaspar said:
I just reluctantly upgraded to V9.0.

No configs for my std. license and possibly the bugs associated with a new release... and what did I bump into?

We can now supress parts, subassemblies and constraints 8)

Bravo Alibre!!! Nice thing. I've been finding it useful all day.

Gaspar,

I am fairly certain that you are getting that nice touch as a direct result of configurations. In configurations, you can suppress the parts/subassys/constraints for certain configurations of your choosing. If you really want some power, upgrade to pro. I know that you have a grandfathered version that includes many of the bells and whistles... just make sure that you negotiate a great deal and don't forget to include that your maint fees will not go up to the new pro level.

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Thanks John. It makes a lot of sense.

Be sure I'll speak to Alibre. Lets see what we can come up with.