What's new

Talk about your input devices...

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
No, not even trying what you said,
Mouse alone works better with assembly, Miles.
How come!

I would like to express, I am not happy. :evil:

MilesH

Alibre Super User
We need:

Access to Vertices in Assembly.

Fix for the Selection Filter GUI bug in Assembly Part-mode.

Fix for some other Selection Filter bug within Assembly Part-mode - not clear what this is, yet...

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Hmmm.

I have got this working in Assembly Part-mode, intermittently.

It's nothing to do with the macro itself - sometimes custom rotation points just don't "take"...

Selection Filters in Assembly Part-mode are a complete mess:

Selection Filter Tool buttons don't work for options which include Vertices.

You can set all options via the menu (50 layers deep) but certain operations reset things to the default (Faces & Edges), haven't pinned this down, yet..

Ralf

Alibre Super User
We use the Logi G15 and G11 keyboard and 3D connexion Space Navigator SE/Space Explorer/Space Pilot and I am very happy with this combination.
For using the equipment of 3D connexion with Alibre, we have changed the driver settings.

aeromorrison

I use an older 3d Connexion Spaceball 5000 USB. It has 12 programmable buttons that can be readily accessed with the spaceball hand and works quite well. You can find them used for <$100. From a work efficiency standpoint, the 3d Connexion devices pay for themselves very quickly. On the other hand, once you get good with them it is murder to work without them.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
One question.
Anyone who has CoCreate PE installed can try the difference between AD and Modeling?
To me AD works less impressive with SN.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Toshi,

I have some other 3D mod. software installed, and most have their own interface with expanded opportunities for recruitment.

Rick Sink

I have a new install of Geomagic Design and an old Spaceball 5000 (USB), under Win7. Pan and rotate work fine, but I'd like to set up some buttons, especially one button for the Measurement Tool in Geomagic. Does anyone know how to get the Spaceball buttons to work in Geomagic?

Thanks,
Rick

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Hi Rick,

I think you just need to add Ctrl+M as a Custom Function in the Button Configuration section of the 3DxWare control panel.