What's new

TCT Show

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Anyone headed to the TCT Show in Birmingham? Takes place on the 28th & 29th of September at the NEC. I will be there, most likely on the 29th...

Looks to be very interesting. I am particularly interested in the Polymaker range of products. Apparently 3DS has two booths there... I intend to corner a 3DS rep and get some answers... :wink:

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
bigseb said:
Apparently 3DS has two booths there... I intend to corner a 3DS rep and get some answers... :wink:

Will either booth be covering GMD? I could only find one entry for 3DS and none for GeoMagic but didn't spend a lot of time on the search since Birmingham is an ocean away for me.

Polymaker should be demoing their Polysher solvent smoothing system since that is due for release soon. I'd be interested to hear your impressions of that if you see it.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
MikeHenry said:
Will either booth be covering GMD? I could only find one entry for 3DS and none for GeoMagic but didn't spend a lot of time on the search since Birmingham is an ocean away for me.

Whats interesting is there are NO contacts. Nothing. All the others offer details...

MikeHenry said:
Polymaker should be demoing their Polysher solvent smoothing system since that is due for release soon. I'd be interested to hear your impressions of that if you see it.

Saw a video of that on Youtube. Looks interesting.

Attachments

• 05.PNG
    05.PNG
    63.3 KB · Views: 1

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Thanks - I must have been looking in the wrong place for 3DS booths.

I backed Polysher on Kickstarter and should should have one to play with a bit in a month or two. I think they plan to ship in October now. I liked their PolyMax PLA filament but support removal was a bit of a PITA. That's the only of their filaments I've tried so far on a modified Zortrax M200 printer.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
bigseb said:
. . . Apparently 3DS has two booths there... I intend to corner a 3DS rep and get some answers... :wink:

Digging further into the exhibitor list shows that Cadventure is located in the same booth as 3DSystems in D48 and Print It 3D is in booth D28 along with 3DSystems.
A view of the Cadventure web site shows that their software choices are Bentley:Building, Vectorworks and Spaceclaim. Looking at Print It 3D shows only 3d printing/printer information.

I can see the focus to be on 3D printing and printers and would hazard a guess that there will be very little, if any, discussion about Geomagic Design in either booth. IF a 3DSystems rep is in either booth good luck getting him/her to "spill the beans" about GD.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
HaroldL said:
I can see the focus to be on 3D printing and printers...
To be expected...

HaroldL said:
... would hazard a guess that there will be very little, if any, discussion about Geomagic Design in either booth. IF a 3DSystems rep is in either booth good luck getting him/her to "spill the beans" about GD.
I agree. Worth a shot though since I am there...