What's new

The memory leak issue is not very funny anymore.... please fix it soonest. Delay V24 if you have to. Just fix it.

JST

Alibre Super User
The current project has run into this much more quickly than I expected from past experience.

I have had to redo models, and the latest is that I have to redo the entire 76 line BOM from scratch, re-ordering everything per the item numbers, because the previous one apparently got corrupted from the ML issue. It now has undeletable columns, and data sitting outside the boundary of the format, etc, etc.

If you cannot fix it, AT LEAST HAVE ALIBRE WARN THAT MEMORY IS GETTING LOW.

Ideally warn that "the selected operation cannot be completed due to low memory", so we can cancel it and not "blow up the world" in terms of unrecoverably messing up the model.

I only found out when a dimensioning operation in 2D drawing became un-deletable and unfixable. Then I found out about the BOM. I had the entire model open as well, and I surely hope I do not have to redo the entire thing, with multi-hundreds of parts.

I am very very tired of redoing hours of work due to this "minor problem" which has existed for at least 6 or 8 years.

Yes, I have 16gig of memory.... all the stuff fits fine until memory is "hogged" by Alibre.

I hear you big time.
This issue has cost me many hours of rework in the last 4 months.
-Related issues to system crashes from memory leaks

- I now run Task manager on another monitor and keep an eye on memory usage build-up. If I am doing any 2D drawing development work in a part I get a massive increase in Memory leaks.
- Any crashing of parts due to memory leak build-up will require a total computer re-boot. If you just restart the program your crashed file will only open in read only mode.
- Large complex 2D drawings are very risky. They slow down the program and crash regularly. Big shame as this was never a problem in earlier versions. I have had to change my design method to include smaller 2D drawings with twice as many features in a part. This is very annoying as I need to spend more time using the Project to sketch tool to tie sketch details together between features.

My work involves large complex Assemblies and Sub-assemblies. A single large 2D Control Sketch Part reduces the overall development time. When you place parts within the assembly you can use your control sketch to check interaction between parts.

It would be nice to get this problem fixed.

SouthernPedro