What's new

The new computer

JL82

I will buy a new desktop computer but I don't know what the computer should inculdes.

I use Alibre, Moi3D and KeyShot. What the grapich card and the processors? I have Quadro FX580 now in computer but working Alibre better with the "gaming card"?

Thanks!

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Ditch the Quadro and get a GeForce Card. I have a GTS 250 which is cheap as chips these days but does the job perfectly. Very happy with the gaming results too. Keyshot uses the cpu to render so get a decent chip. An i7 with multi-threading will make you a happy man.

JL82

I bought the new computer: Lenovo ThinkStation P300 AH

Xeon E3 - 1246V3 3.5/3.9 GHz
16gb DDR 1600
500gb sata
Quadro K620
Win7 pro

There is no the SSD harddisk on computer. Is it faster using a CAD software? It is possible install yet. Is this computer good for Geomagic Design v17, Moi3d and KeyShot 5?

I know Bigseb likes GeForce grapichscard :) There is no with GeForce for example on Lenovo business computer. Maybe I Will design Solid Works (small assemblies), Inventor (and other OpenGL software) in future.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
JL82 said:
I know Bigseb likes GeForce grapichscard :)

He does. His games do too...

Seriously though, my work PC runs both Catia and Creo on a Geforce card and it works ok. Maybe it'll work for you. But if you should get any graphics problems then there's your problem.