What's new

There should be an easy answer to this but

tre4b

Unusually I wanted to set the angle of this line relative to the horizontal line above it and I just cannot get Atom3D to offer me a way of doing this. It always offers a linear measurement of something! It is probably a clicking order thing or something but I just cannot set that angle without doing the necessary maths to calculate the hypotenuse of the sloping line. Could someone please put me out of my misery? It's obviously such a dumb question that you cannot find anything on search either!

1718458319899.png

Mibe

Alibre Super User
First click the horizontal, ignore the dimension, then click the angled line. The dimension changes from horisontal to angular.

tre4b

Just after I posted it suddenly stopped playing silly thins and let me set angles like I would expect! I suspect this is the weird thing Atom does with holding on to the last function.

How do I get it to let go of the last constraint or action I have done? I normally press esc a few times, but it can be very reluctant.

Ex Machina

Atom should work in exactly the same way when it comes to dimensions and sketch constraints. So, unless you have a bouncing issue with your left click mouse button (I've had that happen in relatively expensive gaming mice) you click one, dimension follows the point, click on the other line and you get the angle dimension. I have never seen it do anything else ever. That's why I'm saying that it might be a hardware problem.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
This may or may not be related but, I sometimes see Alibre 'holding on to' the last item selected so when I start a dimension it is already attached to the last item and won't let me select the two items I want to dimension. I solve this quirk by tapping the Escape button a couple times to 'clear the buffer'. I can then select the items I want dimensioned.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I've become so accustom to hitting the escape button to clear Alibre's hold on the last selection, that i've worn the markings off of the key. Now, it's habitual and i find myself hitting the Esc button when it isn't necessary.

beefy

I've noticed that too, but thought I must have left something selected somehow. Glad to know it's not me.

tre4b

This may or may not be related but, I sometimes see Alibre 'holding on to' the last item selected so when I start a dimension it is already attached to the last item and won't let me select the two items I want to dimension. I solve this quirk by tapping the Escape button a couple times to 'clear the buffer'. I can then select the items I want dimensioned.
Yes that's what I've been doing, but sometimes not pressing it enough I think!