What's new

Today's Hotfix - what does it fix?

Andrew Roth

It's at the end of the whats new page in the link on the page.

a few crash issues, a lot of mesh issues, thumbnail viewing issue etc..

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Thanks - when I started GM at work, I got a popup asking if I wanted to install the hotfix and didn't see the info on fixes.

Looks like they added a CAD viewer, which might make one recent poster here happy.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
The way I understand it the viewer is only for license holder (which makes no sense... why would I need a viewer when I have the actual software?!). Hope I have it wrong 'cos many of my clients would like a viewer that can measure and do sections...

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Try reading the What's New - it explains that if anyone takes a trial, after the trial ceases, it will function as a viewer.

So your clients need only take a trial of GMD - then they have a viewer.

kev h

Just out of interest do the translators get updated with these hotfixs ?

Cheers Kev 8)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
kev h said:
Just out of interest do the translators get updated with these hotfixs ?

Cheers Kev 8)

The What's New document doesn't mention this for this particular one. In the past even minor build updates have sometimes included updates to translators where issues/problems/updated formats have been identified.

jhiker

Alibre Super User

Kyle

jhiker said:
Kyle said:
jhiker said:
Where's the viewer and how do you use it?

Please refer to the sticky post Geomagic Design / Geomagic Design Elements v16 Hotfix 1

There is a PDF which contains a list of bugs fixed, enhancements and a description regarding the viewer. Download the Geomagic Design What's New v16 Hotfix 1 document

Hi Kyle - is this one scheduled for fixing - it really is annoying....
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17476&p=108060&hilit=move+component#p108060

It has been resolved.

This is the second bug listed in the fixed bugs section of the linked Download the Geomagic Design What's New v16 Hotfix 1 document