What's new

Toolbar for Script.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It is possible, but it will not be before probably Q1/Q2 2019. Alibre Script under the hood is an add-on, and our add-on framework does not currently support toolbars/shortcuts. Some add-ons, such as Script/Keyshot do have special ribbon menus, but that's because we took extra steps to make that happen.

We'll look into this next year given the other priorities we're researching at the moment. I understand some people's love of toolbar buttons, we just have a big existing list.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Thanks Max. I did wonder if there was a specific reason. It would be nice if they caught up, eventually.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Not sure if this is the same thing, but its related ... I would like to se the ability to 'pin' a script to the ribbon bar or menu bar and assign an icon such that I can run a script using the button on the ribbon/menu bar rather than having to do the multiple steps of enabling Alibre Script->Select or Loada script->Run. I would like to invoke a custom script in the same way I invoke the Add Plane or Mitre (examples). I could then create a custom toolbar that contains and directly runs (through a single click) a number of my everyday scripts. Picture it as a kind of favourite actions.

As a side, and an extention to the concept, would be nice to add the standard builtin functions to a custom toolbar too so that a single user defined bar with the core productivity features and script extentions can be created. In my day to day modelling, I probably use 20% of the functions available and of that I use 5% all the time. Be nice to organise the available screen and menu space to optimise that workflow.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
As a side, and an extention to the concept, would be nice to add the standard builtin functions to a custom toolbar too so that a single user defined bar with the core productivity features and script extentions can be created. In my day to day modelling, I probably use 20% of the functions available and of that I use 5% all the time. Be nice to organise the available screen and menu space to optimise that workflow.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Ribbon or the Toolbars or both, but we do have custom toolbars, at least as far as the built-in functions are concerned. Press Alt to access the menu, then:

upload_2018-9-13_16-39-27.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I'm not sure if you're referring to the Ribbon or the Toolbars or both, but we do have custom toolbars, at least as far as the built-in functions are concerned. Press Alt to access the menu, then:
Cheers Max, I use the ribbon bar all the time, so haven't come across the customise option! I'll try it out tomorrow and see what it can do for me :) thanks. Without having looked at it yet, i'm assuming its only for 'standard style' toolbars(?) it would be nice to create a custom ribbon 'tab' for those that use the ribbon option.