What's new

Try this out - online license management

jokejoke

Nice new useful feature :) It works great. It could be better some type of account (with login and password) to manage license.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Nice new useful feature :) It is works great. Could it be better some type of account (with login and password) to manage license.

You do need e-mail address AND activation code - or it won't respond. So you can't just fish for licences using e-mail address.

jokejoke

You do need e-mail address AND activation code - or it won't respond. So you can't just fish for licences using e-mail address.
Ok, that makes sense. I thought so only for deactivation license through web form it could be better use only email address AND password (no licesne key). Sorry for my English.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Using activation code and e-mail, this can all be automated from the licensing system - if you want passwords instead of activation codes, that's a whole new system to set up (and administer, and re-set passwords when you forget).

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Very cool feature. One question: it gives the PC name as a number/code. Where do I find this?

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Also, the DeviceID is kind of useless and annoying to deal with. We will begin populating your ComputerName shortly. So you'll see "BigSebsBigMachine" instead of "233jdiidj23jfqjidql32jr2"

At least that's what I hope your computer name is!
Not my computer's name... :cool:

cadtec

Also, the DeviceID is kind of useless and annoying to deal with. We will begin populating your ComputerName shortly. So you'll see "BigSebsBigMachine" instead of "233jdiidj23jfqjidql32jr2"

At least that's what I hope your computer name is!

Perfect!

JST

Alibre Super User
So............ I am a little unclear on this.......

Will this "just work", or do we have to have "set up" something in advance?

And, it covers the Alibre, what happens with the Keyshot? Is that covered under the Alibre license? I assume so.