What's new

Trying to cut pipe

WillB

I am trying to make these two pipes tee together. Tried two different ways and made them different configs

Attachments

• New Assembly (2).AD_PKG
    166.4 KB · Views: 16

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
So you're wanting something like this?:

PipesJoined.png

In Config <1> I added an Unbend, punched an elliptical hole then added a Rebend.

BTW, is that a rock picker you have as an avatar?

Attachments

• New Assembly (2).AD_PKG
    158.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

JST

Alibre Super User
WillB, you must actually be using V22 (sig line says V21) because I cannot open your file. Not loading V22 here, waiting for V23 when the bugs are mostly fixed.

BTW both of the pipes need to be able to do a flat pattern for a flat drawing
Hello Will -- If you need a Flat Pattern you are going to need to construct the Component Parts using the Sheetmetal Design tool. In order to make that succeed you will need a (relatively small) Flat Tab as the basis for each "Tube." Now, should you like to do a GoToMeeting I believe I can show you the approach you need. I am located in Pacific Time (GMT-8). If you suggest a date & time and e-mail such information to tangent@olympus. net I will be happy to set up such a "meet." -- Lew

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Lew - Th parts are made with the Lofted Flange tool and they do flatten as noted in my reply post.

Hi Harold -- But if your "Lockheed K Factor" is wrong, so is your "Neutral Radius" value and so is your "Flat Pattern." -- Lew

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I wasn't too concerned about the K-factor, since what I understood the OP needed was a technique to cut into the T-pipe. I would think that the OP would calculate the K-factor for his project. Besides, we have your K-factor calculator that you uploaded to the Resources.

Hunter

Hello Will -- If you need a Flat Pattern you are going to need to construct the Component Parts using the Sheetmetal Design tool. In order to make that succeed you will need a (relatively small) Flat Tab as the basis for each "Tube." Now, should you like to do a GoToMeeting I believe I can show you the approach you need. I am located in Pacific Time (GMT-8). If you suggest a date & time and e-mail such information to tangent@olympus. net I will be happy to set up such a "meet." -- Lew
Hi Lew, this is completely off topic, but I've been curious about this for long enough.

How do you decide what is bold and italic, and what is the meaning/intent? I've never seen anyone being so disciplined regarding typography. Please explain.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
How do you decide what is bold and italic, and what is the meaning/intent? I've never seen anyone being so disciplined regarding typography. Please explain.
I personally always interpret bold as emphasis and italics is referring to something/someone (like a reference or footnote). I can almost 'hear' him speaking the words when I read on of Lew's posts. I also tend to use bold to highlight specific important elements of my posts (a bit like reviewing a document and using a highlight pen to make the key words stand out). I personally think it's more articulate. Each to their own I guess!

WillB

Hi I'm back. I downloaded the file you sent Harold and I think that should work.
The reason the K-factor is a strange number is because my nesting program calculates the pipe diameter
based off the drawing.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Not a rock picker but a silage defacer
Ok, that makes sense now that you mention it. I grew up pitching silage out of silos, later we had a silo unloader. I've seen a few of videos of silage pits/bunkers and the use of the defacer, just didn't make the connection.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I personally always interpret bold as emphasis
Likewise, except when I see "I". Had a supervisor once that always used "I" when describing how much work we got done on the shift, that was not well liked by the shift crew, sounded too much like brag or boast.