What's new

Trying to use API first time

LewisA

I am trying to understand how to use AlibreX to open create a Part with an external program. The examples I see are in C#, C++, Visual Basic and I am using (now don't stop reading) Object Pascal. I have imported the Type library AlibreX and see a bunch of interfaces, I have been able to use AutomationHook to get and active OLE Object, but cannot open a part session. Beside the API help, can someone point me in the right direction, please?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
There are only a few forum users that went much beyond looking at the api documentation provided in the forum section header topics. You will likely not get an exact answer.

I would suggest using the python based WizoScript unless you need to make a professional add-on. There are many examples for it. http://www.wizotools.com/wizoscript

LewisA

Thanks for the reply and I have done that. I want to create my own and not have to run through another program. I can create the script, but then the user has to start WizoScript to run the script.

The API help is not much help. For example, the examples for Visual Basic are for VB 6. I have VB 2013. There are differences. Also, GM technical support for the API is this Forum. Thanks GeoMagic (3D Systems).

ruesve

I Know this is an old Thread but Hello everybody,

Is this file still available for 2017 because the api-help is still older than everything else, and the forum links doesn't work anymore since the posts have moved from one page to another

best regards,
Sven